Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Worst Thing

Arguably, the worst thing to happen to me happened on March 3, 2015. That was the day my college would be closing forever due to "insurmountable financial difficulties." They said that the class of 2015 would be the last graduating class.

I am a member of the class of 2016. Surely, they wouldn't just...give up? Not when I only had one year left. But, it seemed like that was what would happen. The place that had been my home for the last three years-the entirety of my adult life-was going to close, and I was in the wind. I had nowhere else to go, no idea what I was going to do. For weeks afterward, I wandered around in a state of shock. I couldn't focus on my schoolwork. I missed work a few times. Obviously, I couldn't focus on writing a blog.

Things ultimately worked out in the end. The school remained open, but I was able to get some good stories out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment